It is a unique mineral especially used in steel industry. This product is used as molten covering for reducing the oxidation of metal. It maintains the temperature of melt for longer time and helps in easy sculling.
- High energy saving
- Environment friendly
- Minimal sculling during long casting cycles
- Extremely economical
- No coating problems with stoppers and also shadow tubes has no reaction with refractory lining
- High insulating properties
- High sintering temperature: 1260 degree Celsius
- Service temperature: from sub zero to 1100 degree Celsius
- Chemically inert
- Excellent thermal insulation
- Low bulk density
Pour porosil as an insulating layer on the surface of molten iron or steel to maintain the liquidity of metal, where metal has to be held in ladle for several hours during continuous casting and to provide insulation in the slow cooling of crack sensitive steel.
- Ingot mould additive
- Annealing of castings / ingots (slow cooling) galvanizing baths
- Transportation of Ingots
- Outer secondary wall insulation of electric furnaces
- Dryers, ovens & kilns etc.